Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday morning blues...

I've never really had them, I like monday's for a couple of reasons. One it's the only day me and Dan have to be at college (me work, him student) at the same time and get out at the same time. So it means he's not already gone when I wake up, granted if I have to go out before him he usually gets up too. Also it means we get to travel together, and these days any extra time I get to spend with him is a bonus. He also drives a Land Rover 90 Defender, which I really like being in, probably the only vehical that would suit him more would be an old 60s Mustang or Charger, or one of those huge twin cab pick ups, big, strong, reliable, tough and a little rough and rugged. He's installed a great sound system in there, and it's raised up a little, so it really demands respect, all he needs to do is get it resprayed, if you'd seen how much of a rust bucket it was when he bought it and started work you wouldn't think it was the same car.

Another reason I love Monday mornings is because we always get up and out early enough to grab breakfast to take away from Tommo's, one cup of tea and 2 sausages in a soft roll with brown sauce for him, one cup of coffee and a bacon bagel for me. Tommo's is the cafe/sandwich bar under our flat. It's funny, I'd only been in there once or twice before I'd met Dan, but now I go in there alot. The owner already knew Dan, everyone know's Dan. He's kind of a drug dealer, only his drug is information, you mention any name, and he's knows who they're going out with, who they're doing some buisness with (dodgy or otherwise), if they've got any family in prison, who they hand around with. If you want to buy something, he knows someone selling it, or knows someone who knows someone who's selling it, or knows someone who works in a shop that sells it that can get you it cheap. His aunt's laundrette got broken into once, they only got the change out of the machines, which had been emptied recently, but they busted the locks up pretty bad, on the machines and to the back room. Within an hour he had two people round there, one guy to fix the door to the back room, another to fix all the machines, within 24 hours he'd found out who'd done it and had all the money back, without having to use any force. It was kind of intimidating when we first got together, wherever we went locallly, someone knew him, in the pub four or five guys would say hello, in the cafes, bouncers at clubs, the guys in the kebab/indian/chinese/fish'n'chip shops...but now I really like it, I'm "Big Dan's" girl, I know it's kind of cheesy, like something out of some 30's set mob film, but it give me a nice feeling. I honestly think networking is the wrong career path for him, he should be a PI or something...


And speaking of PIs, I watched Vincent tonight, with Ray Winstone, great program, should really give it a watch, he's one of the best actors around these days, still want to see "The Departed", he's in it too, not such a big part 'tho I think...

Anyway, tommorrows one of those days he's out before me, the fact that he usually leaves me a note just saying something simple like "I love you" or "Missing you already"makes it a little more bearable, but knowing I probably wont see him till gone 10 I hate, alot of the time I'm already asleep, I keep telling him to wake me up when he gets in but he never does...

No comments: